MAB Reopening Policies and Procedures*
- MAB studios will be cleaned prior to and between all classes using an Environmental Protection Agency
- During each cleaning, all high-touch surfaces, such as door handles, light switches, and barres, will be wiped
down, and dance floors will be mopped.
- A professional cleaning company has been hired to clean our building on a bi-weekly basis.
Requirements to Attend Class:
- Staff and students must be free of any COVID-19 symptoms (cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, loss
of taste and smell, fever or chills, vomiting or diarrhea, muscle or body aches) and must not have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with or showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Parents must notify MAB if their child(ren) tests positive for COVID-19.
Procedures for Student Drop Off and Pick Up:
- Only staff and students are permitted inside the building.
- Students must apply any bandages prior to entering the building.
- Students must wear a mask and enter the building one at a time. They must proceed directly to their
- Parents of younger children may walk them to the studio door. In order to maintain at least 6 feet of social
distance, please do this one at a time.
- Students will be dismissed one at a time so that they can maintain social distance. They must proceed directly to
In-Studio Rules and Procedures:
- Students may use only the studios and bathrooms. All other spaces (e.g., lobby, waiting room, wardrobe room) are
- The water fountains are closed, so students should bring their own water bottle.
- Students must bring a towel, which they will use to sit on while changing shoes.
- Students are not permitted to bring dance bags inside the building. They may bring only their dance shoes, water
bottle, and towel into the building. If necessary, any emergency medication may also be brought
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located at each studio door, and staff and students must sanitize their hands
prior to entering the studio and when exiting the studio.
- Once inside the studio, students must sit on their towel to change their shoes.
- Staff and students must wear a face mask inside the building at all times. If a student is having difficulty
breathing, he or she may remove the mask as long as at least 6 feet of distance is maintained from any other person. (MAB has face masks available if any student or teacher forgets his or her mask.)
Students will also be given breathing breaks during which they may go outside for a few minutes and remove their mask, but they must maintain at least 6 feet of social distance from each
- Students will be assigned a specific space at the barre to ensure that they maintain at least 6 feet of social
distance. Assigned spaces will be marked with tape.
- Students will be assigned a specific space (i.e., a box marked with tape) on the dance floor to ensure that they
maintain at least 6 feet of social distance.
- Staff and students must sanitize their hands any time they exit and re-enter the studio (e.g., if they leave the
studio to use the restroom).
- Staff and students are encouraged to use the restrooms prior to attending class, but if they must use the
restroom, they are required to sanitize their hands when leaving the studio, wash their hands after using the restroom, and sanitize their hands before re-entering the studio. Also, only one person
is permitted inside the restroom at a time.
- Only individual dancing is permitted; there will be no partnering.
* These measures are based on the reopening plan that MAB submitted to the state. Changes may be made to these
policies and procedures if new guidelines are issued by the Department of Public Health and/or the state of Delaware.